Saturday, January 20, 2007

Starting a blog...

Is it really so? Have I gotten myself this far into technology that I am actually starting a blog? Me, the girl who loves paper en pen, fancy papers and pens for that matter; the girl who can spend hours in the paper shops in Florence and Rome, touching and smelling the hand-made leather journals, admiring the glass vessels filled with colored and perfumed inks as if they were the treasures of a museum exhibition... and always, always, buying something. You never know when you need that Florentine paper to wrap something in, or that hand-made card to send someone... So this same person is now sitting at her computer starting a blog! Wow, I can hardly believe it myself.

And why? Why do we do this? Blogging? I have two friends who have blogs that I check once every so often and I enjoy reading them. Now, truth be told they are in much more exciting places than I am (Paris and Rome) but maybe, maybe someone among my readers might find my story worth checking into once in a while.

So what will 2007 bring? Oh heavens! We have so much planned, some of which I will write about, and some of which I will not. Sometimes the most important and hoped for things in life are best kept quiet ... I believe in not jinxing fate. So, I might mention my dissertation once in a while. I ought to be making progress on that this year. I am teaching again, and of course raising a wonderful daughter. And, well, we bought a house in Belgium this past break, and we will be trying to remodel it and fix it up from here in Austin, Texas. We hope for the best! So, check in with me from time to time and post a comment to let me know you are there.

For now, greetings from Texas, with love

No comments: