Sometimes you just can't do with substitutes... Hooray for the Antwerp American Store! (There is not one in Brussels by the way, nor anywhere else near, this one is a on a rather small corner not too far from us, but in the subs, and caters to most of the ex-pats in Flanders and the Netherlands. Go figure!) Anyway, I now have 24 packs of red Jello (and have already been experimenting), small marshmallows (which will be turned into eyeballs) and yes, pumpkin pie filling! And Robert even brought dryer-sheets as well (unheard of here, and I must say, really something to be missed!) So, I am nearly set. The next two days will be filled with preparations. I think actually that Robert is getting slightly worried about me.... and the effects of this thrill of mine on our daughter. She now wants spiders attached to her plate when eating and her new favorite character is Jack the Pumpkin King from Halloween Town in Tim Burton's Nightmare before Christmas, whom she imitates singing "What's this!?" She helped me today with much glee placing, spiders in a little skeleton-spiderweb creation I made. And loves to go watch it. Oh well, she might become the next Tim Burton, why not! Happy Halloween to you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment